How much does a Real Estate lawyer charge?
It is not uncommon that a client reaches out to us when they have entered into an agreement to buy or sell their home or are contemplating doing so.
The main question they want to know initially is: what is this going to cost ?
We provide up-front fees but in order to do so, we need to know a few things.
If you are buying a property, this is what we need to know in order to give you a quote:
- What is the closing date?
- What is the purchase price?
- Which bank or lender will be used for the purchase?
- Where is the property located?
- Are the parties going on title first-time home-buyers?
On the other hand, if you are selling your property, we would require:
- What is the closing date?
- What is the sale price?
- How many mortgages or loans are registered on title?
If you are refinancing a property, this is what we need to know:
- Who is the current owner of the property?
- Which mortgages and/or lines of credit are currently on title to the property?
- Who is the new lender and what is the new mortgage amount?
- Is title to the property changing from one person to another?
- Are there debts to be paid out as part of the refinance?
If we need more information, we will reach out to you directly. Please leave your phone number and contact details in your email that you send us.
Real Estate Lawyer Kitchener
As real estate lawyers, we handle a variety of matters. Below is a list of some of the services we will assist you with:
- Purchase of a new or re-sale property re-sale residential or commercial property
- Sale of a new or re-sale residential or commercial property
- Refinance of residential or commercial property
- Second mortgages
- Private loans and mortgages
- Purchase and sale of vacant land
- Assisting with Condominium property purchase
- Review of status certificate documents
- Drafting various agreements
- Providing independent legal advice where a conflict may exist
- Assisting those down-sizing or first-time home buyers with their real estate and other legal matters
Information For First Time Home Buyers
Buying a home can be a overwhelming process. With mortgage brokers, insurance agents, realtors, builders all asking you for information, it can lead to a lot of confusion. If you need clarity on how it all comes together and at what cost, give us a call. We pride ourselves on being there for you in order to assist with what may be the biggest purchase of your life ! A phone call to inquire is complimentary and requires no obligation to use our firm for your services.
* Refer to our blog for articles and information on Real Estate Law.
We want to hear from you
Whether you have a question about the legal process of a matter or want to inquire about the pricing for a service, give us a ring. We’ll be happy to hear from you