I am ready to prepare my will – what’s next
Some of us already know the importance of preparing a will and want to get this important task completed for the benefit of our loved ones, without delay! If you’re one of those people, here’s what’s next:
- When you give us a call or send us an email, we will email you a questionnaire in order to gather details about you, your spouse or partner, your personal circumstances, your assets and your appointments.
- Upon returning this form, we will also gather an initial retainer form you and get the process started by reviewing the form.
- Through further exchanges and communication (emails, phone calls, zoom calls or in person visits), we will gather more information from you to ensure your will questionnaire covers all your bases. This means to ensure that you have selected those who you trust most for the jobs which consist of choosing an Executor (person who manages or handles your estate), your attorneys (for your power of attorney for property and personal care) and your guardians (to care for your minor children).
- We will also be able to answer any questions you may have about your appointments, make suggestions about the same and provide ideas on what else you may wish to cover.
- Once this process is done, we will begin drafting of the wills and powers of attorney documents and set up an appointment for you to come in.
- After the signing is complete, your package is prepared and the documents will be ready for you to pick up and store in a safe place, such as your home.